Belgium - Starting Now
Klarrio is a project agency specialized in analyzing and processing large amounts of real-time data. So why do we need a product manager?
Klarrio does things differently, and we know what works and what doesn’t. Our customers trust us because we can provide someone who helps them build their roadmap and guide them in the right direction. Be a trusted advisor and unburden them with tough decisions.
The product management role at Klarrio is a little different from what you would expect in the industry. You’ll be the gatekeeper between the customer, project management, and R&D. You’ll help steer the development and user experience of the customer and Klarrio-internal deliverables, built around cloud-native and open source technology and services. You will work closely with customers to capture and define functional and non-functional requirements and the delivery roadmap of projects. These requirements are translated into customer proposals and contracts, after which they are implemented and delivered as defined.
Since Klarrio focuses on solutions for customers that are not readily available in the market, you will also spend some time finding new potential customers who have the mindset of taking control of their future and guiding them through a project journey.
You will be working on a wide range of innovative and cutting edge projects applying new and innovative technologies in the areas of big data, analytics, privacy, security, and cloud in various domains such as Smart Cities, Transport & Logistics, Telecom, Innovative Technology Solution Providers, and Public Infrastructure. Check out some of our projects and customers.
You will work closely with various colleagues within Klarrio. This allows synergies between those people to strengthen each other. We believe in our in-house knowledge, experience, and expertise synergies to create the best possible solution for our customers. Therefore we constantly work on a project basis and don’t do body shopping.
The following list describes some of the activities you would be involved in;
- Together with the customer, you define the project scope, deliverables and the budgets
- You leverage the relationship with your customer stakeholders to assist R&D in better serving your customers.
- Define the roadmap of the delivered services/products and P&L.
- Develop and present periodic customer reviews to Klarrio senior management.
- Analyze and present periodic reviews of operational performance and project roadmap status to customer leadership.
- Help to educate your customers on industry and technology best practices.
- When necessary, recommend proactive measures to help customers avoid issues and ensure customer success (e.g., professional services engagements, training sessions, on-site visits, etc.)
The key to the role is to develop a thorough understanding of the full suite of the Klarrio domains of expertise, technologies used, and the development and operational methodology.
You should have a problem-solver mindset. Not every problem can be solved easily, but keeping a level head and looking for solutions by assessing problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, propose mitigations, and make recommendations will lead to the required results.
Since we work primarily for various organizations, English is the official company language. A good/high level of English proficiency, both written and spoken, is required. There might be a need to travel up to 25% of the time to meet with your accounts, which are typically day-long trips and are in the BENELUX area.
Ideally, you possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in product management related to software development projects
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge about software development methodologies
- Excellent communicator that can convey complex problems and solutions
- Proficient in English
- An interest or fascination for new technologies and the ability and willingness to learn about them.
- Customers-focused mindset and a passion for solving their problems with state-of-the-art software (mostly cloud-native, distributed systems, open-source).
Extra assets are:
- Experience in big data, SaaS, PaaS, cloud computation, and specifically – open-source and streaming data technologies.
- Experience in the cloud-native data domain, you understand the nature and complexity of the different deliverables.
- The Dutch language is a plus.
We don’t expect you to check all the boxes. An eagerness to learn with practical experience and a “can do”-attitude goes a long way. The team synergies we build will help you share your knowledge and learn from each other.
We offer a compensation package that contains a competitive salary, a phone with unlimited subscription, performance bonuses, health insurance, retirement planning, meal vouchers, other holidays, and a Mobility Package.
We’ll supply you with a high-quality laptop, dual-screen setup, and mobile phone. Our offices are located in the center of Antwerp (only a 5-minute walk from the central station) and equipped with standing/sitting desks, ergonomic office chairs, free parking, and complimentary beverages/refreshments.
You’ll be working in a technologically advanced environment with a wide variety of opportunities to improve your skills (courses, certifications, etc.) in collaboration with highly skilled engineers. And perhaps the most important of all, you’ll be able to do this with a bunch of like-minded individuals while enjoying one of our multiple events.